Thursday 4 August 2011

Holiday Reads

Whether you are staying at home, travelling abroad or hoping for nice weather for a UK holiday, you are going to need some books!  




In libraries, we often put up a display around the theme of Holiday Reads.  These displays will tend to have lots of popular fiction mixed in with a fair smattering of travel guides.  




Having chatted to a few friends, read a few articles and looked at high issuing items, it seems that this is not all people read on holiday.  It would seem that a fair few people are like me and use the time to catch up on reading.  


Personally, this will include "literary" type books (that I really should have read!) - and some books for my latest course of study.  And yes, there will be a few popular fiction titles in there - if I were snobby, I might say that I needed to read them to keep abreast of what is popular - but, in reality, I just love them!




If you are not sure what you will be reading this summer - and would like some recommendations - try clicking on a few of these links to see what others are choosing



The Guardian   has asked authors to tell us about their most memorable summer reads

The Telegraph is recommending books for locations you might visit on your holidays

Amazon  have also drawn up a summer list
 
I know I have linked to a couple of booksellers - but please DO check out your local libraries - after all, why buy it when you can borrow it?



If you have any great holiday reads you would like to share - then please feel free to leave us a comment.

Enjoy your holidays!


No comments: